Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What's going on?

First of all it's still far too cold in Germany for the month of May! We had 3°C this morning and I had to use the ice scraper for my car. Hard to believe we had almost 30°C about a week ago, when we had the baptism of little Emma.

On Thursday starts the famous fair "Erlanger Bergkirchweih" for the 250th time! For me it is the 36th time, after all. I was born on the first day of the Bergkirchweih in 1969 (we call it Bierprobe, beer test), an me and my parents have been there each and every year. Well, with this birth date, you have to. See you at the "Entla's Keller"!
I will start on Friday because on Thursday I'm going to a reading of Harry Rowohlt. He is a famous German translator, whiskey drinker and actor (role of a homeless in the TV series "Lindenstrasse"). Gonna be a long night.
So viel zu tun und so wenig Zeit.

Our daughter Emma will turn 5 month next Monday. On time for Whit Monday. She is starting to make a lot of sounds and likes to hear herself "speak". She starts right away, when she awakes in the morning, looking cute with her sleeping bag. Our little Kardinal Ratzinger (ratzen means sleep in German dialect).

The newspapers in Germany were full with comments about the 60th anniversary of the end of WW2 and the inauguration of the Holocaust Mahnmal. Still our history occupies us much. But that's how it should be.
Unbelievably, still some fools glorify these dark times. We have to fight them!

6 Comments:

Blogger Buttercup and JOHN-43 said...

liked the blog,:)))))

2:57 PM  
Blogger Buttercup and JOHN-43 said...

hope you have many many years of happness :))))))0

3:26 PM  
Blogger Buttercup and JOHN-43 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Konrad said...

Oh, thank you very much :-)

5:24 PM  
Blogger pillepalle said...

Hi Konrad - got your message on my blog: my German is just good enough to understand what you wrote, and yes, Bobby Jean comes from the song on the Born in the USA album (not my favorite Bruce album, though)...I'm in Washington, DC and here last night after 11 the temprature was 26.4 Celsius...pretty nice! Thanks for visiting, and I will visit you, too! Good luck with the blog!

5:26 PM  
Blogger pillepalle said...

and yes: the language I usually write on is Hungarian!!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me