Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Calvin and Hobbes - The revenge of the baby-sat

I don't know why, maybe because of Emma and her baby-sitter (my dad) tonight, Calvin and Hobbes came to my mind again. I have all of the books with their cartoons, even in English. It was a good exercise of the language for me.
I'm not a huge comic fan, but I love Calvin and Hobbes. The cartoon is very amusing, but not in a shallow way like many other cartoons.
It is sarcastic, funny and describes profoundly and with a wink the relationship between best friends and also children with their parents. Maybe I should read it again, as I am now in this situation.
I hope Emma will not get into the situation that boys found a club called "G.R.O.S.S." (get rid of slimy girls), as Calvin and Hobbes do to fight their biggest enemy Susie Derkins.
Also legendary is Calvinball, a game that changes every minute. The rules of the game, besides the soccer ball and wickets almost always used, are made up as they go along, but the one consistent rule is that the rules can never be the same twice.
I've heard now, that a complete edition of Calvin and Hobbes will be published in autumn. Anybody who don't know them, go and get it! You will not regret it.


Calvin and Hobbes & unsuspecting baby-sitter Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Calvin & Hobbes, too! The comicbooks were a bit expensive in Manila, but I bought them anyway.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Konrad said...

Wow, that was a long way for them!! But they made it to the Phillipines anyway.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me