Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gone but not forgotten - John Lennon

It's 25 years now, since he has left us. The right hand of every guitar player in the world, the head of every unconventional thinker. Mr. John Lennon.
I have read an article about his murderer Mark Chapman last weekend. How he got to the idea to kill John Lennon. Just because he wanted to be relevant and not to be a nobody. What a meanness and what an outrage.
I don't think that it is a comfort that many legends died young. I miss the songs and ideas he could have given us in the last 25 years.

I recommend the CD "Acoustic" who was released last year. He played the guitar from his heart. That's what I try to do as well.

I love the song "Luck of the Irish" from 1971:

If you have the luck of the Irish,
You'd be sorry and wish you were dead
You shold have the luck of the Irish
And you'd wish you was English instead!

Klaus Voormann had an interview at the Bayern 2 radio station this morning. He is the famous and almost "fifth Beatle". I will go and get his book. You can have a look at his homepage:

http://www.voormann.com/

Viva, John!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me