Monday, November 21, 2005

My hometown - Neuhaus/Eger


I was at my parents friday through saturday. I visited a concert of the brilliant Polish band Dikanda. World folk music at its best. The group was founded in 1997 in Szczecin, Poland. Passion for the traditional music and hard work let them create their own style and original sound.
Their acoustic songs have been inspired wholly by Oriental culture, Balkan folklore – Macedonian and Romanian. Typical Dikanda’s style is creation of new words and meanings in composed songs. A nice evening.

On Saturday morning I had the chance to go running for an hour. This led to the headline of this post. I was living in Neuhaus/Eger (it's a part of Hohenberg) where my parents live for 12 years. Of course I know a lot about this little village. I know the countryside, the forests, the lakes, the dirtroads, the streets, the buildings, the scent. The nickname is Siberia of Bavaria, because it's really cold during winter. So I had to dress warm for my little run. I feel alive and receptive when I go for sports. My thoughts wander around.

I still feel that I lived there and that a part of me will always be here. It was a big part of my youth and I have to say that I had a good time. A good and sheltered parents' house, many friends, no problems at school and enough spare time acivities (even though not easy to reach, but I had my mofa). I'm glad that I can look back without anger but with gratefulness and joy. It was a good fundament for coming of age.
I gave and received freely: Love, power and a sense of life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I just loved the "Siberia of Bavaria" bit. That's hilarious =)

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice place based on the pic.

I love the last line (good for you, Konrad!).

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me