Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Modern physiologies - adolescent

Forever young (Alphaville)
Who wants to live forever? (Queen)
Only the good die young (Billy Joel)
Young blood (The Beatles)

Everybody wants to be young. Especially everybody wants to stay young. In Germany we talk about the "Jugendlichkeitswahn" (juvenile delusion).

Not for nothing plastic surgery has increased in Germany, too.
Pay your surgent very well to break the spell of aging. Celebrity skin, is this your chin or is this war your waging? I like the lyrics of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (Californication).

Sports, sports, sports on the other hand. Nordic walking, Nordic inline-skating, nordic whatsoever......
I wonder why the poor people of the North serve as trendsetter for every stupid new sport?
How about Nordic soccer, Nordic baseball, Nordic surfing (on icebergs?)? Why not the hell leave the ski poles to cross country skiing?

Good evening surfer, do you have to surf on every wave? How do you do?
At the most as second, third or fourth you follow every trend. What a heavy dreariness. You turn with the wind like a weather vane. You do not mind where the wind comes from. The main thing is, it is the latest wind. What remained of you?
Listen surfer, not everything sucks. It almost looks like this, but - maybe - we can change some things. But they way you behave right now, you fit perfectly in the concepts of people, who wanted to have you like this - a dweeb.

I think it's nice when you are thought to be younger than you are. Why not stay in shape and feel good with it. Go and work out, you will not regret it. But not as a end in itself. Only if you like it. Otherwise it will be pain, and it won't help you look younger.

Trust your genes. I think people like Cher (nothing against Cher, I like her) will look scary when they get really old. There is a point where people normally grown old look far better than the operated ones in my opinion. They do not have to behave hyperactive and nervous to pretend youthfullness. I like old people who radiate calmness and composure. My grandparents were and are like this. Hopefully a role model, that will not die out.

1 Comments:

Blogger patroclus said...

Wheee Konrad, I'm back! A very happy in-between-Christmas-and-New-Year time to you, and a belated happy first birthday to Emma!

Anyway, just wanted to say that I completely agree with you about plastic surgery and whatnot. I've got lots of wrinkles and lines on my face now ("I ache in the places where I used to play", as Leonard Cohen says) and I love them. Much more expressive than the boring, flawless adolescent complexion. Or so I keep telling myself, anyway :-)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me