Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In today's feuilletons - Arctic Monkeys the next big thing?

In the Süddeutsche Zeitung Oliver Fuchs foresees a huge success for the band "Arctic Monkeys" and their debut album set for release this Friday, even if the songs have been available on the Internet for months. "It's not that they've 'reinvented' rock, as critics love to say. But they do get just about everything out of two guitars, a bass and drums that's there to be had. The utmost in power, density and thumping rhythms. Sheffield is an old steel city, but the Arctic Monkeys sound less like steel than fluid metal. Flexible. Elastic. Their songs bounce gaily like super balls."

I have read a lot about the Arctic Monkeys the last couple of weeks. Maybe it's another hype but I think this could be more. Looks like the hard work of young selfmade men. Definitely no casted so called superstars I hate so much.
It's not easy to go the long and hard way of music business. But if your music is good enough there will be a chance. How can you describe their music?
"Hallelujadingdonghappyhappy" - maybe it can be described like this. Humane "Crash Boom Bang". Go and listen!

1 Comments:

Blogger patroclus said...

Arctic Monkeys are VERY big over here in the UK. In the sense that a lot of people are talking about them, I mean.

I've been consciously avoiding British indie music because it reminds me of when I was a student, and therefore of how old I am now! But Konrad, just for you - I will give them a try and let you know what I think!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me