Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fill up


Sad but true. The gas prices have increased enourmously in Germany and probably everywhere in the world. No alternatives in sight up to now.
The felt inflation has increased to 7% although the real inflation rate is about 2%.
I've found this picture today and it shows how you feel about the family budget at the moment.

For the English speaking people among us, the translation:

Sie wollen also ihr Auto volltanken? = So you want to fill up your car?
Kreditabteilung = credit department
People involved = Tina, Emma, Konrad, loan shark

We are waiting for the one litre car. Or for a long overdue alternative to gas as fuel. And I'm talking about renewable primary products.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our neighbor here in Biel, Switzerland has a hydro-powered car. I think he doesn't feel the wide-scale blow of increasing gas prices. My husband and I usually take the bus, tram and train.

Funny how you connected the cartoon with your family. :-)

7:49 PM  
Blogger pillepalle said...

Yes, I was also laughing about that! But believe it or not, gas prices in Hungary actually went down, thanks to the government lowering the taxes on them...I don't know how long this is going to last...

8:53 AM  
Blogger La Madre said...

jajaja, but at least your German taxes get you things like health care...ahhh...I am available for marriage to anyone with EU citizenship...

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me