Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Dreams of life - Phoenix, Arizona




I don't know exactly why it came to my mind, but probably because I had a wonderful time there.

I was studying in Phoenix/Arizona at Arizona State University (ASU) in 1992. I took the summer courses in international marketing and personal selling. Professor John Schlacter is still there, hi John!
This was rewarded for good grades while studying business administration in Munich. And man, I wanted it so much.

It was my first flight, my first time at the States, it sounded like pure adventure.

And it turned out to be fabulous. I had no big problems with the courses. So we had the time to relax and went out each and every night.
We were located in Tempe on Scottsdale Rd. I remember the notorious Studebakers club. It still exists, how I would love to go there again.

We enjoyed the recreation center. I took trips to the Grand Canyon, L.A., route 66. We were on the hunt for girls, and said: Hey, we are German officers, you have to obey. Sometimes they did.

We tried out every fast food that existed. I liked Taco Bell (that does not exist in Germany) and Whataburger, Jack in the box was alright, too.
We rented huge cars and cruised the streets.

We took the heat, which was sometimes unbearable. But they say it's a dry heat. I still have a t-shirt with this on it. I also had a t-shirt with a slogan: ASU, where 40.000 students pay to play. That's what we did!

After all I love to remember these times. I have to go there again, if it's possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger pillepalle said...

Reminds me of my own times in the US...very similar experience, and I would love to go back, too. And I've never seen the Grand Canyon. But I know what you're talking about as to the heat...only that I had to get used to the one with humidity! And all this craziness about air-conditioning..oh, I had a very good time!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Sara Beth said...

okay, so i'm a moron, but I just realized that I'm on your links list!!!! This makes me happy! And you definitley have to come back to the States. It's great!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me