Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Heading to 10.000 with Delaware on my mind and vacation ahead

My visitor counter is increasing enourmously. I'm glad about this. Now I'm heading to 10.000.
I'm also heading to holiday. I'll be off for three weeks from next Monday on.
It won't be that much pleasure though, we will start renovating our house. But at least the project is starting and we are looking forward to moving in in late autumn / early winter.
Money is flowing in and mainly out of our account, that's amazing. I have cancelled the subscription of my finance magazine Finanztest. There won't be any money left to save. So who cares about interest rates at all?
Today I am grass widower, Tina and Emma are at Tina's parents. Maybe I'll go to the movies, I have forgot how that feels.
My music of the month: Sufjan Stevens' "Come on feel the Illinoise". Like the self-proclaimed "Spiderman" who climbed Chicago's Sears Tower with no harness, Sufjan Stevens scales dusty prairies, steel factories, and two hundred years of history in the second installment of his 50 State Project, "ILLINOIS", a 22-track anthematic tone poem to The Prairie State.
I hope for the 48 albums remaining. Sufjan is fabulous. At school we had to give a lecture on American states. Mine was Delaware, one of the smallest states. I wonder when Delaware will be on Sufjan's mind.
His first album was about Michigan. I'm dreaming of visiting the Great Lakes one day.
Maybe because of the weather. It is unbearably hot in Germany, I'm longing for water and rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me