Thursday, October 19, 2006

You Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will.

You say that I treat you like a book on a shelf.
I don't take you out quite often 'cause I know that I completed you
and that's why you are here.
That's the reason you stay here.
How awful that must feel.

You said you could be my dream.
I could have you every night.
And if by morning, I'd forgotten you,
well no big deal, that'll be all right.
'Cause you're the reoccurring kind.
You are the reoccurring kind.
You never really leave my mind.

Are you the love of my lifetime?
Cause there have been times I've had my doubts.
We were just kids when I first kissed you
in the attic of my parents house,
and I wish we were there now.
It took so long to figure out.
What this book has been about.

Now I write when I'm away,
letters that you'll never read.
You said go explore those other women,
the geography of their bodies,
but there's just one map you'll need.
You're a boomerang you'll see.
You will return to me.

You will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You? Will. You, you will.

'Cause if you don't, then this book is all lies
If you don't, then my plans would all be ruined
If you don't, I'll start drinking like the way I drank before
Oh, and I, I just won't have a future anymore.

One fabulous song of my favourite singer/songwriter. Who knows the name?

1 Comments:

Blogger Konrad said...

You are damn right, radioboy!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me