Thursday, September 07, 2006

Element of decency - Radio (Gaga)


How I love this old Queen song: Radio Gaga

I'd sit alone and watch your light
My only friend through teenage nights
And everything I had to knowI heard it on my radio
You gave them all those old time stars
Through wars of worlds - invaded by Mars
You made 'em laugh - you made 'em cry
You made us feel like we could fly
Radio
So don't become some background noise
A backdrop for the girls and boys
Who just don't know or just don't care
And just complain when you're not there
You had your time, you had the power
You've yet to have your finest hour
Radio

I'm a passionate Radio listener ever since I grew up. First it was music, my first love. I listened to the charts on Bayern 3 (Hitparade in German) every Friday evening and recorded the songs on a (cassette) tape recorder! How I hated when the beginning or the end was missing, because my finger was too slow or too fast.
We recorded mix tapes for our girls in favour, especially when we had bought our first record player.
We listened to the radio when we driving in our parent's car oftenly. We forced them to listen to "our" music and radio stations some of our bands even remained in their hearts. For example they got addicted to Hubert von Goisern and Haindling, Austrian and German bands respectively.
We listened to Bayern 3 mainly. The private radio station Antenne Bayern appeared in 1988 and changed a lot of things. Katrin Müller-Hohenstein appeared, charmed us all over and even managed to become a sports journalist on TV later (in the famous "Aktuelle Sportstudio").
Nowadays my taste and interest changed to information. Not only about music but politics, science, culture, economics. I found Bayern 2 as the perfect match for my interests.
I have written about it before. But I will continue to promote it because it has deserved it. The perfect mix of country and people, culture and scene, knowlegde and education. There is a live stream as well you can try it out. And let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me