Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Faded myths - Winter

It's winter time. At least when I look at my calendar. I grew up in the Northern part of Bavaria and I visited my parents last weekend. Normally we had deep snow at this time of the year. We went skiing, sledge riding and played ice-hockey. The snow piled up high from November to March or April. We were freezing and freezing. What is left? Well, that's not much.

7 facts to realize it is winter:

  • Hedgehogs, badgers and squirrels have dark circles around the eyes
  • The visitors of swimming pools wear ice-skates
  • Summer sale lasts a bit too long
  • Birds with migration background are deported singly
  • Italian ice cream parlors sell Pizza Straciatella
  • The nudists in the Munich floodplains of the Isar river wear bobble caps and gloves
  • The icebears in the zoo try to commit suicide
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For Dirk Fans like me